+ HOW DOES SALINE TATTOO REMOVAL WORK?
Through a specially-formulated process, the lightening solution bonds with ALL permanent makeup pigments and tattoo inks resulting in a tattoo removal procedure that is NON-color dependent unlike that of laser which is color dependent. This, in turn, greatly increases the potential for successful tattoo removal and decreases the overall number of treatment sessions required (as compared to what is frequently required when using the laser technique).
The Removal System is similar to the original tattoo procedure. The solution is applied using a tattoo over procedure. Instead of implanting ink or pigment, the specially-formulated solution bonds with the original tattoo and then draws the ink to the skin’s surface. The solution implanted into tissue the same way tattoo inks and permanent makeup pigments are implanted in tissue using a tattoo or permanent make-up machine.
This treatment can be utilized on permanent make-up on most areas of the body. The only treatment area that must be avoided is tattoos on the eyelid (i.e., eyeliner). The treatment is not color selective (unlike laser) and is effective on all color inks and pigments. In addition, the solution also contains a scar-inhibiting product which helps to minimize or prevent scarring.
+ DOES IT HURT?
The treatment is very similar to being tattooed. We apply topical anesthetic to numb the skin prior to treatment (if required).
+ HOW LONG DOES A TREATMENT TAKE?
A treatment takes around 30 to 45 minutes to cover a 2” x 2” tattoo (4 square inch area).
+ HOW SOON WILL I SEE RESULTS?
The most extraordinary thing about this process is that you will actually get to see the results in just a few days. After the treatment, the area must be kept dry for 48 hours during which a scab will form over the treated area. It is likely that parts of the tattoo will be almost completely erased on just the first treatment. Many tattoos require more than one treatment; however, the results are very impressive and a tattoo can be completely removed in just a matter of months, compared with the extended period of time one must dedicate to having a tattoo removed with a laser.
+ LIGHTENING/REMOVAL CLIENT AFTER-CARE:
It is critical to follow all aftercare instructions to prevent complications, scarring and to achieve optimum results. Please read carefully.
- KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave open to air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
- DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes.
- NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TOBS, TANNING, OR INTENSE EXERCISE.
- DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring.
- TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUE OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA.
- ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply thin layer of ointment provided) 2 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the ointment UNTIL all scabbing has completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.
It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 6 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions.
Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a lightening product service or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 3 to 6 sessions. Must wait 4-6 weeks in between each session. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be removed for the desired result. In many cases only a percentage of the density needs to be lightened/removed and then we can continue the correction process by colour correcting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, colour correcting will not be an option and removing as much of the pigment as possible will be our ultimate goal. Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
***Please Note: If you have an existing brow tattoo, and is interested in saline tattoo removal, please email email@example.com photos of your bare brows prior to booking so we may assess and determine whether or not they can be performed on. You may also book a FREE consultation for us to assess and discuss further in person.